• To organize a system by which adequate teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students can take place,
• To develop measures by which improved health care delivery can be offered to our patients,
• To engage in meaningful research programmes.
1. General Routine:
The organization of teaching is as follows and the duration of exposure of the students is 16 weeks.
(1) Fomial Lectures would be given for a period of 8 weeks.
Lecture topics cover reproductive health. These lectures are given during integrated postings in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and the topics include lectures on contraception, and population dynamics.
(2) The students are divided into 4 groups to cover the following clinical
Labour ward Pink firm Blue Firm Yellow firm.
They are expected to spend 4 weeks in rotation in each of the above clinical units. They also rotate through the Family Planning Unit
(3) Following posting to the different clinical units, Group a (Labour ward unit), would attend the labour wards except when they have lectures, but problems associated with chemotherapy and management of cancer patients.